Dubai Silicon Oasis is a major technology park in Dubai, which was launched in October 2002 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, with the aim of becoming a global hub of electronic innovation, research and development.Dubai Silicon Oasis is a world recognized free zone and an integrated technology park that allows people to live, work, and play.
Hosting modern technology-based industries and an urban master-planned community in an iconic location, DSO offers state-of-the-art infrastructure and in-house business services. DSO has an easy access to Dubai International Airport, Jebel Ali Port and Dubai business districts.
Consisting of office towers, R&D and industrial zones, educational institutions, apartments and villas, hotels, medical care and a wide range of lifestyle facilities, DSO provides a commercial and social dynamic.
Benefits of doing business in Dubai Silicon Oasis
Designed as a hi-tech ecosystem in Dubai, DSO offers a wide range of benefits. It is considered to be the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community. As a free zone authority, we provide an attractive package of incentives which include:
- 100%foreign ownership
- 100%repatriation of capital
- Zeroincome tax
- Zerocorporate tax
- Noimport or export tax
- Low costof operations
- State of the artIT infrastructure and facilities with tier 3 data center
- Fast-Trackbusiness set-up & licensing
- Dedicated business support services including integrated online e-business system
- Access to regional pool of talented technical and engineering profession
How to start a company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)?
To establish your company within DSO, you simply need to register it and then obtain a license. To register, you need to select the company and license types from the following:
Company Types available in Dubai Silicon Oasis:
- Branch:Any established company, whether in the UAE or abroad, can register its branch in DSO. The stated business activity that will be conducted in DSO must be identical to the activity conducted by the parent company.
- Free zone Establishment (FZE):An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
- Free zone Company (FZCO):An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individuals/corporate.
License Types available for business set up in Dubai Silicon Oasis:
- Service License:This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade License:This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the license.
- Industrial License:This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
Company formation Setup Process in Dubai Silicon Oasis:To set up your business in DSO, following documents are required:
- Submit Application Form
- Fee Payment & Legal Document Submission
- Sign E-Agreement & Share Capital Letter is applicable for (FZE/FZCO only)
- Documents Pre-Approval
- Issue E-Agreement
- E-License Issued
Company formation for Freehold Setup Process in Dubai Silicon Oasis: To set up your business within the Administrative Zone of DSO that is not owned by DSO, theset up process includes following documents:
- Register on DSOA’s Customer Portal to submit application
- Upon approval make payment
- Sign and submit tenancy contract to a DSOA officer
- Review & approval
- Legal document prepared by DSOA for client’s approval
- E-license issued and uploaded on DSOA’s customer portal
How to close or liquidate a company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
To liquidate or close a company in Dubai Silicon Oasis requires a simple process of the following to be done:
- De-registration resolution with details
- Resolution regarding the appointment of Liquidator
- Liquidation Report prepared by Dubai auditor
- Handing over keys and Lease Termination form
- Closing ETISALAT and DEWA
- Clearance letter from Dubai Customs, DSO IT, DSO Services, DSO Finance departments
Spectrum Auditing is an expert in Accounting, Auditing and VAT services apart from Company Formation and Company Liquidation process. Reach us to have a frills free life in your journey in Dubai, UAE. We at Spectrum will assist you in taking care of all the legal procedures involved in the registration and de-registration of your company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO). Reach us today for any kind of assistance, call us at +971 4 2699329 or +971 50 9866466 or email us at [email protected] to get all your queries addressed. Spectrum, your partner in your success.